Tuesday, November 16, 2010
MOUNT KINABALO TOUR UPDATE!
MOUNT KINABALU TOUR
For CLIMBERS: 2 Days 1 Night
Day 1: Journey by road through the countryside, along the ridges of the Crocker Range ends at the Kinabalu Park.
- registering for the climb, and in the company of a mountain guide, the trek begins at the Timpohon Gate
- The trek takes you through the Upper Montane Forest which gradually gives way to sparser vegetation corresponding to the harsher environment and altitude.
- Stop for your packed lunch along the trails. The trek for the day ends at Laban Rata.
- Overnight accommodation is in dormitories.
Day 2: Conquest of the summit, Low's Peak (4,095.2m) begins in the wee hours of the morning to beat the early morning mist and to catch the unforgettable kaleidoscope created by the sunrise from the summit if weather permits.
- A late breakfast at Laban Rata before the final descent back to the Park where successful climbers will receive a certificate to prove their conquest. After lunch and a short rest, depart for Kota Kinabalu at 4.00 pm.
Recommended items to bring for the climb:
- Sturdy walking shoes, rain gear, hat, sun block, warm clothing, a change of clothes, cotton gloves, torchlight and bottle for drinking water.
* Persons with high blood pressure, diabetes and weak hearts are advised not to attempt the climb.